Leeds Care Record is now an integrated digital care record with Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust now contributing relevant information from their patient’s health records. It is a web based solution which enables care professionals to view real time health and care information across care providers using different clinical systems.
This secure computer system brings together certain important information about patients who have used services provided by their GP, at a local hospital, community healthcare, social services or mental health teams. All health records are strictly confidential and can only be accessed by care professionals who are directly involved in a patient’s care.
Dr Yen Andersen BEM, GP, Oakwood Lane Medical Practice said, “Leeds Care Record empowers health professionals and social care professionals to offer seamless care to our patients. By having the facility to view from my computer desk, vital and relevant information held in my patients’ records that belong to the hospital, mental health services, community services and social care services, I can see the bigger picture of my patient’s journey of care across health and social care. I am more effective at making a holistic assessment of my patients’ health and social care needs, can offer timely advice and treatment as well as hold the right conversation with the right professional smoothly.
“It makes such a difference to have instant access to details such as the date of a patient’s next appointment, the hospital letters that may not have arrived at the surgery as yet, or the name, contact details and role of other professionals involved in the patient’s care. It enables me and colleagues across the city to work better together to share the care of a patient by becoming both donors and recipients of patient information, thus improving continuity of care, patient safety and patient and carer experience.”
Leeds Care Record holds certain information about a patient or service user, for example:
• Address and telephone numbers – so we have one set of contact details for you
• A list of diagnosed conditions – to make sure your health or social care professional has an accurate and complete record of your care
• Medication – so everyone treating you can see what medicines you have been prescribed
• Allergies – to make sure you aren’t prescribed or given any medicines you could have an adverse reaction to
• Test results – to speed up your treatment and care
• Referrals, clinic letters and discharge information – to make sure the people caring for you have all the information they need about other treatment you are having elsewhere
• Council involvement – care plans, contact details
Leeds Care Record is a web based solution which enables care professionals to view real time health and care information across care providers and between different systems. It is a secure computer system that keeps all health records strictly confidential and can only be accessed by care professionals who are directly involved in a patient’s care.
Organisations that deliver health and social care in Leeds are working together to improve services in the community and Leeds Care Record is helping them to deliver a joined up service. Leeds Care Record is used by; all 106 GP practices in Leeds, Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust, Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust and Leeds City Council.
Care professionals in these organisations have been using Leeds Care Record to help provide better and more joined up care to the patients they are directly involved with. By accessing up-to-date and accurate information it has improved efficiency by reducing the number of phone calls required to chase the latest information about a patient. It has also helped to avoid unnecessary or duplicate tests and procedures, and reduce paperwork for doctors, nurses and other staff, giving them more time to spend on patient and service user care.
To find out more visit www.LeedsCareRecord.org
Follow us on twitter @LeedsCareRecord
Notes to editors
1. The Leeds Informatics Board, a group of senior managers and clinicians from across health and social care organisations in Leeds, commissions the delivery of the Leeds Care Record.
2. Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is leading the development and rollout of the Leeds Care Record. This secure, web-based application is powered by Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust ppm+ platform.
3. For media enquiries about Leeds Care Record, please contact email@example.com Tel: 0113 20 60293.