If you are a local commissioner, considering Leeds Care Record access for newly commissioned health and care services in Leeds, the Leeds Care Record team can help to support your request.
Leeds Care Record delivers a range of benefits:
Provides information from primary, acute, community, mental health and social care settings (as well as local hospice care)
Less paperwork resulting in more time to spend on clinical care
Improves efficiencies by allowing professionals to view up to date information on a patient’s care journey
Secure read only system that is enabling safer and better care for patients
For further detailed analysis of the benefits this system has enabled, visit: https://www.leedscarerecord.org/leeds-care-record-benefits/
The Leeds Care Record works in partnership with the Leeds Teaching Hospitals’ electronic healthcare record, known as PPM+ (Patient Pathway Manager).
Please contact the Leeds Care Record team to express your interest or request the new organisation application pack.
Please note that there are a number of pre-requisites that must be met before access to this system, they can be found in our application pack which can be shared with you upon request. Whilst the team will endeavour to support your request, access may not be guaranteed and is decided by information governance teams.
Please consider the following:
- Information Governance (staff must provide direct patient care to view patient records via this system)
- Staff must complete annual Information Governance training inline with the data protection standards and toolkit along with any required training set by the organisation
- Only accounts will be created for staff with @nhs.net or @leeds.gov.uk secure emails that are individual to the staff member
- An active HSCN (The Health and Social Care Network) connection is required
- An ODS* code for the organisation
- A technical contact will be required to support access
*An ODS code (also called an Organisation code) is a unique code created by the Organisation Data Service within NHS Digital, and used to identify organisations across health and social care. ODS codes are required in order to gain access to national systems like NHSmail and the Data Security and Protection Toolkit.